Terms and Conditions
DALES MOTORHOME HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Definitions of Terms and Conditions
‘I’, ‘me’, ‘my’ and ‘you’ refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers.
‘This Agreement’ means the rental Agreement, the Liverpool Victoria Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions.
‘Customer’ and ‘Hirer’ means the person or persons nominated as the hirer on the Liverpool Victoria insurance Motor Rental Agreement and any person whose credit card is presented in payment of the customer’s charges.
‘Dales Motorhome Hire’ or ‘We’ means David Metcalfe and Grace Metcalfe of Bramley House, Croft Road, Ingleton, North Yorks, LA6 3BZ.
‘Living Equipment’ includes, but this is not limited to, LCD TV, DVD player, DC player, crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pillows and sheets.
‘Hire Period’ means the hire period referred to on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the Vehicle is in the customer’s possession or control.
‘Vehicle’ means the Vehicle described on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents relating to the Vehicle and any replacement Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Dales Motorhome Hire.
‘Damage and Security Deposit’ means the Vehicle security deposit detailed on the Dales Motorhome Hire Insurance Motor Rental Agreement.
‘CDW’ means Collision Damage Waiver.
2. Hire rates quoted include:
- Unlimited UK miles
- UK Standard Vehicle insurance
- UK Standard equipment and breakdown cover
Your Vehicle has comprehensive insurance on the UK mainland for the names driver(s) on the hire agreement, for the Hire Period. Please note that this does not cover your personal property and you are advised to arrange holiday insurance separately.
The hire rate covers one named driver. You may add up to 2 additional drivers at a charge of £25 per driver per week or part week.
If you are travelling within the UK, there are no mileage restrictions, (as it’s included as part or our extras as standard policy).
You may NOT take the Vehicle to Ireland or Western Europe.
In the case of a breakdown or accident, a 24 hour phone number is provided on the window screen.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Dales Motorhome Hire as soon as possible.
3. Delivery and return of the Vehicle
Pick up times are between 15:30 - 17:30. Please allow one hour for hand over, completion of the paperwork and demonstration of the Vehicle operation.
Return time is between 09:00 – 10:30. We insist on you being punctual, as we want to make sure the Vehicle is fully prepared and serviced for the next customer to enjoy their holiday. On collection of the Vehicle both parties will examine the Vehicle and any existing damage marked on the diagram on the front sheet as evidence of the condition of the Vehicle on collection.
Late returns of the Vehicle may incur charges and invalidate your insurance.
I will receive the Vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the Departure Checklist and with a full fuel tank and two gas bottles.
I will return the Vehicle in a clean condition with a full fuel tank, on the return date in the Rental Agreement and between the hours of 09:00 – 10:30 unless agreed otherwise.
I acknowledge that Dales Motorhome Hire will not refund to me any monies, nor have any obligation to provide a replacement Vehicle, if the Vehicle is returned or I cease to have the use of the Vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. accident, weather or theft.
4. Rental and Other Charges
Bookings can be made via e-mail, phone, post, in person or online.
The vehicle cannot be collected or returned on Bank Holidays or Sundays so please take this into consideration when deciding on the days/length of your Hire Period as these days will be charged for.
The minimum hire period is 3 days, except in the high season (June, July and August) when it is 7 days.
3 night short breaks are from Friday – collection between 15.30 – 17:30 and return Monday between 9:00 and 10:30.
Out of high season, 4 night short breaks are from Monday – collection between 15:30 – 17:30 and return Friday between 09:00 – 10:30.
You may request a Bedding and Towel Pack. If you do require these please advise Dales Motorhome Hire at least 7 days before the Hire Period starts.
Double Bedding and Towel Pack includes: 1 x double flat sheet, 1 x double duvet, 1 x double duvet cover, 2 x pillows, 2 x pillowcases and 2 x bath towels and costs £15 per pack.
Single Bedding and Towel Pack includes: Duvalay single luxury duvet and cover, 1 x Pillow, 1 x Pillowcase and 1 x Bath Towel and costs £10 per pack.
I agree to pay Dales Motorhome Hire:
- All rental charges. On booking, a non-refundable booking deposit of £250 per week or part thereof is required. Confirmation of your booking will then be issued by post.
- The full balance of the rental six weeks before collection date. An invoice will be issued. If the full balance is not paid at least six weeks before collection date, Dales Motorhome Hire may terminate this Agreement, rehire the Vehicle to someone else and retain the cancellation fee in accordance with this Agreement.
- The refundable security and insurance excess deposit.
- The nominated cleaning fee of £50 if the Vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
- The nominated additional fee of £50 if the toilet waste tank is not emptied and cleaned prior to the return of the Vehicle.
- An additional charge of £50 per hour for a late return.
- The cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to acceptance of delivery of the Vehicle: 6 weeks – 2 weeks : 50% of total hire charge 2 weeks – no show : 100% of total hire charge
- The nominated fee of £10 plus the actual cost of fuel required to fill the fuel tank if the Vehicle is returned with less than a full tank of fuel.
- The cost of any damage to the Vehicle, or the property of any third party, subject to the Insurance of CDW cover if applicable.
- All parking fines, other fines, duties of penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the Vehicle.
- Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Dales Motorhome Hire as a result of any breach by me of the terms of this Agreement.
- The cost to recover a Vehicle which has become bogged down.
5. Payment of Charges Joint and Several Liability
All charges and expenses payable by me under this Agreement are due on demand by Dales Motorhome Hire.
When the customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this Agreement.
Dales Motorhome Hire reserve the right to cancel a booking if payment is not received four weeks prior to departure.
For late bookings, less than six weeks before departure, the full rental price is payable with your booking.
Your Vehicle will not be released without payment in full. Cheques will not be acceptable for late bookings, less than two weeks prior to departure.
I understand that no refunds can be given for an early return of the Vehicle. I understand the need to take out adequate travel and holiday insurance and will do so.
6. Credit Card Payment
Dales Motorhome Hire will accept payment by credit card subject to a 2.5% additional charge. When payment is paid by credit card, I agree that Dales Motorhome Hire is irrevocably authorised to recover from my credit card issuer all amounts due by me pursuant to this Agreement, including but not limited to, any amounts due in respect of damage to the Vehicle or to the property of a third party and all other additional charges as they are incurred (including all parking and traffic infringement penalties, road toll fines, city congestion charges, and associated administration costs).
I will not dispute my liability to Dales Motorhome Hire for any amount due under this agreement and I shall indemnify and keep indemnified Dales Motorhome Hire against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying my credit card issuer of such a dispute.
In the event that Dales Motorhome Hire elects to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding an open security card payment, which will be cancelled at the completion of the Rental Period, I agree that Dales Motorhome Hire is entitled to recover payment from my credit card issuer in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of cancelling the open security payment.
7. My Warranties
I warrant that all information and documentation supplied by me to Dales Motorhome Hire in connection with this agreement is true.
Drivers are required to submit their personal details on the booking form. The Hirer and main driver at the commencement of hire must produce two forms of personal identification such as a valid passport or driving licence AND two confirmation of address in the form of recent utility bill or a bank/building society statement.
A driving licence must be produced at the time of Vehicle collection for each person who may drive the Vehicle. In the case of a UK photo card licence, both the card and counterpart paper licence must be produced. Please note we must have copies of each driver’s driving licence, or that driver will not be insured.
If I am visiting from abroad, my licence needs to be in English or an International driving permit needs to be presented with my national licence. I will only be permitted to hire a vehicle from Dales Motorhome Hire if I live within the European Union, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong (if previously held a UK licence), Southern Ireland, South Africa.
If, on arrival to collect the Vehicle, my licence is unacceptable due to endorsement, defacement or incorrect Vehicle categories, I understand that no monies will be refunded.
8. Vehicle Damage and Security Deposit – Insurance Cover
I understand that : The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party. I will have to pay an excess for any damage including overhead damage. Overhead damage is defined from the ground up to in excess of 6 feet from the ground.
The insurance excess and security deposit of £1,000 and this amount will be taken as a deposit at the beginning of the rental. The security deposit can only be paid on a credit or debit card, balance transfer, Paypal or BACS – NO cash payments are accepted.
Collision damage waiver will provide cover for damage to the rented vehicle. It excludes damage to certain commonly damaged areas of a vehicle such as tyres, wheels and windows. CDW cover is widely available online from third parties but is not automatically included in the hire, so it is your responsibility to obtain it, if you wish.
This deposit is fully refundable within 3 working days at the termination of the hire, providing the Vehicle and contents are returned undamaged.
Where damage to the Vehicle has been sustained, the full deposit will be retained until the full cost of any negligent loss or damage to the living equipment, fixtures and fittings, windows, tyres or to the Vehicle itself has been ascertained. This amount will then be deducted from the deposit and the balance refunded.
I irrevocably authorise Dales Motorhome Hire to deduct from this deposit any amounts due by me to Dales Motorhome Hire arising out of this Agreement.
I will not have any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage, if I breach any of the terms of this Agreement.
9. Hirer Driver Insurance
I understand and agree that this insurance covers the insured Vehicle whilst let out on hire, subject to the following conditions:
Dales Motorhome Hire will verify the identity and permanent address of the hirer and any other permitted driver by means other than solely on the information contained in the Hirer’s or driver’s driving licence.
The insured Vehicle shall not be let out on hire to be driven by:
- Persons under 25 or over 75 years of age unless otherwise agreed by the Insurer
- Persons without a full driving licence valid in the UK for the relevant Vehicle and which has been held for at least 24 months prior to commencement of the hire
- Persons who have been convicted of any offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or penalty points applied. Parking and not more than two speeding offences in the past 3 years may be ignored,. More than 3 points may be subject to an insurance surcharge.
- Persons who have any mental or physical defect or infirmity or who suffer from fits, diabetes or any heart complaint.
- Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of their claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer in the past.
- Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident in the past 3 years.
- The insured Vehicle shall be driven only by the Hirer or other permitted driver who has signed a Hirer’s Proposal Form immediately prior to any hiring.
- The Insurer’s form of proposal shall be completed and signed by each hirer or other permitted driver in all respects.
- I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the insurance, which I have had the opportunity to see and read.
- The insured Vehicle shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward or any other form of profit or remuneration.
Please note that if a driver has more than six points for driving convictions on their licence (or is expecting to receive a conviction which will take them over six points) or has more than one fault claim in the previous three years this must be declared to us before booking (and before the hire period, if it changes). We will refer the circumstances to our insurers and will advise whether the hire may proceed either with a surcharge or at all. If you fail to disclose such matters prior to booking, no refund will be given.
No animals are allowed in the vehicle. However we cannot guarantee that the vehicle is totally free from animal usage.
I will not permit smoking in the Vehicle at any time whatsoever which I accept is out of consideration to subsequent hirers who may be non-smokers. Any infringement of this condition will incur an extra cleaning charge of £50.
Dales Motorhome Hire authorises the use of the Vehicle up to the stated number of passengers. Each person is required to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the Vehicle is in motion.
I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including oil, water, battery and tyre pressure checks.
I am required to keep the Vehicle under my control throughout the hire period and I undertake to lock the Vehicle at all times when it is left unattended.
I acknowledge that Dales Motorhome Hire will reimburse me for the expenditure up to £50 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the Vehicle, provided that:
- I produce relevant receipts; and
- I have received the prior consent of Dales Motorhome hire; and
- The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this Agreement.
Subject to the terms of this agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period, provided that Dales Motorhome Hire will reimburse me for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
- I produce relevant receipts; and
- The tyre is defective and is returned by me to Dales Motorhome Hire for inspection; and
- The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty.
I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel, running out of fuel or loss of keys. All our Vehicles are diesel powered.
14. Responsibility when an accident occurs
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the Vehicle, I will:
- Notify Dales Motorhome Hire by telephone within 4 hours of the happening of the event
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
- Complete a European accident report form as supplied
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer of other like offer
- Complete an accident form at the termination of hire
- Assist Dales Motorhome hire in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence.
I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period.
I understand that Dales Motorhome Hire accepts no liability for replacement Vehicle cost, travel or accommodation costs or any other consequential loss claims arising from Vehicle breakdown, fair wear and tear excepted, accident or any other such related causes.
15. Terminating the Agreement
I acknowledge that Dales Motorhome Hire may terminate this agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges, if:
- I am in breach of any term of this Agreement
- I have obtained the Vehicle through fraud of misrepresentation
- The Vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Dales Motorhome Hire reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed date
- Dales Motorhome Hire considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is endangered. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit.
16. Change of Vehicle
No other Vehicle will be available.
17. Storage of your vehicle during Hire Period
Any vehicle(s)/contents will be left at the owner’s risk. We expect all vehicles left with us to have current vehicle insurance.
18. Release and Indemnity of Dales Motorhome Hire
Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle, I release Dales Motorhome Hire from any liability to me (regardless of who is a fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, or any Dales Motorhome Hire premises or recovered or handles by Dales Motorhome Hire.
I accept that, in certain unforeseen circumstances, Dales Motorhome Hire may be unable to fulfil the booking due to the selected Vehicle being unavailable/off the road. In these unfortunate instances, I understand that Dales Motorhome Hire will refund any payments made to date in full.
Consequently, I accept that Dales Motorhome Hire cannot be held responsible for any additional costs incurred in making alternative holiday arrangements. I shall purchase my own holiday insurance separately to cover such an eventuality.
Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Dales Motorhome Hire, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Dales motorhome Hire, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
19. Title to Vehicle
I acknowledge that Dales Motorhome Hire retains title to the Vehicle and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Dales Motorhome hire credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
20. Proper Law
This agreement shall be governed by the law of England in which this agreement was signed.
21. Entire Agreement
Dales Motorhome Hire reserves the right to add or amend any terms and conditions without prior notice.
Dales Motorhome Hire reserve the right to adjust hire rates at any time. Quotes will be valid for two weeks unless a holding deposit is paid. The price will then be fixed at the agreed rate as described on your confirmation of booking and invoice.
Dales Motorhome Hire reserves the right to refuse to hire to any person without stating a reason.
If the Hirer is in breach of any of the above terms and conditions, the Hirer shall, upon the demand of Dales Motorhome Hire, return the Vehicle and its contents immediately.
The Hirer will pay Dales Motorhome Hire, on demand, any loss that Dales Motorhome Hire may suffer as a consequence of the breach.
Each party agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-controlled disputes or claims).
I agree to accept these terms and conditions as part of the contract of hire
Signed on behalf of Dales Motorhome Hire
Signed by the Hirer
Name of Hirer (BLOCK CAPITALS)